MNDB & MRPDB Environment Training
Telstra asked LISAsoft to provide platform specific training to their Server Operations and Storage Operations Support groups.
The training was on the MNDB and MRPDB platforms which LISAsoft had built and for which we provided high level technical support.
The training was conducted according to the following timeframes:
- One 4 day course in Perth for 8 attendees
- Two 3 day courses in Brisbane for 6 attendees
Each course was identical, although the Perth course had an extra day allowing a slower pace through the material.
- Platform Overview
- LISAsoft’s Platform Support Role
- Sun Server Hardware and Solaris Operating Environment
- Sun Storage Array Hardware
- Brocade SAN Switch Hardware
- Veritas Volume Manager and File System
- Veritas Cluster Server
Course material was presented to each student during the course:
- MNDB / MPRDB Environment Training: A printout of the course slides which detail the theory section of the course, providing environment definition and product familiarity.
- MNDB / MRPDB Administration: A printout of the course slides which detailed practical exercises and introduce administration concepts for the products introduced in the first document.
- MNDB / MRPDB Environment Administration Reference Guide: A document which detailed examples and syntax for all commands used. Intended as a quick reference guide for use after the course.